Come along for a free studio portrait mini session! Get some beautiful pictures of yourself, partner, family or friends.
— Sessions last 30-40 minutes and you get your favourite image to share, all for free.
— Slots limited, so book now to ensure a place.
— It’s the perfect time for Christmas family photos!
Here are some more pictures from the last couple of portrait session days:
Here’s what my customers have to say about my service:
- Joe was great, his relaxed approach made the session fun and produced pictures that far exceeded my expectations. A big thumbs up and a definite recommendation. Thank you.
- Great photoshoot today. Relaxed environment and very professional. I cant wait to see the results. Plus, feeling more confident about my physique and the walk for Saturday. Thank you. ... Love the images!
- My partner and I went for a pre-wedding shoot here, and Joe was extremely professional & friendly. He made sure he communicated in a timely and efficient manner, answering all our questions and worries we had beforehand. On the day the environment was okay and we were allowed to play our own music throughout the shoot (which helped us get into a relaxed and happy mood). He was also very patient with our outfit changes (which took some time). Throughout the session, he helped us with posing for each photograph (as we were not sure how to position ourselves most of the time). Finally our pictures came out great and in the best time possible. I will definitely recommend this service.
- Joe is an awesome photographer puts you totally at ease as I'm one those believe it or not I hate having my pic taken!!! Get in contact with him you won't regret it!
- Hi Joe - thank you so much for getting those shots to me so quickly. They're great!
- I would recommend Joe to anyone wishing to have high quality photos. Joe is a true expert, he's so professional and creative. I was struggling to come up with creative poses, Joe's imaginative skills exceeded my expectations. He helped with posing ideas, unlike other photographers I have used in the past, they just follow your word without giving any posing tips, if in doubt. Also I find Joe to be patient, easy to work with and efficient. I didn't have to wait weeks to get my photos. I like my photos so much, no regret!!!!!!
- Joe is a brilliant photographer who put me at ease throughout the shoot. One thing I loved about it was him asking me questions to get my natural reactions, which captured my emotions perfectly. Would recommend!
- Joe was extremely easy to work with and really helped put me at my ease. The photos were lovely and all my friends loved them! He listened to what I wanted but also had great ideas too! I highly recommend him.
- Loving the new photos!! Some real faves in there. Consistent in achieving a very high-end style. Some of the naked shots are absolutely great. Really happy with them! And the one you captured of me naturally smiling after the 'incident' is almost definitely my personal fave! / Agree! Also, totally agree on the shot with Ioannis laughing - beautiful! Thanks Joe. Such lovely shots. xx
- Hi Joe thank you so much again for such a great photo shoot yesterday! We really enjoyed it and I'm so shocked I liked so many photos (I Never usually like photos of myself!). Ahh they are great!
- We went for a family photo shoot with Joe. Unfortunately we managed to pick a time when our 18 month old was in a bad mood so temper tantrums all round! Despite our Sons' bad temper and lots of tissues, miraculously, Joe still managed to get a photo of him smiling! Thanks for your patience, we managed to get some lovely pictures and we have one on the wall 🙂 Joe is easy to get on with and puts people at ease which is important to get natural poses, great job!
- Thank you so much Joe, really like the photos! And thank you for getting them done so quickly. I'm with the web designer tomorrow and it means we can use the images to get things moving.
Free portrait session day details:
Please read this before filling in the booking request form
- The sessions will be up to 30-40 mins in length.
- After I’ve processed and edited the images I’ll create a gallery just for you on my website and send you a password to view it. This usually takes around 7-10 days. You’ll then be able to select your favourite image, which I’ll give to you for sharing online. (If you like it please tag my page Joe Hudson Photography and consider leaving me a review 🙂 )
- You will have the option of buying any further images for sharing online, or higher resolution versions for print.
- You can view my price list here.
- If you’re shopping around for the best deal for portrait photographs I wrote a guide to help with that here.
- My own use of the images will be purely to promote my photography business (e.g. on my website and social media, and potentially for competition entries).
- Please let me know in the form below or on the phone if you have any queries.
- I would also ask that if you do need to cancel your booking that you don’t leave it until the last minute, as that means other people lose the chance to have a free photo session, thanks for understanding.
- The studio address for the 26th is the lovely community room in St James’ park, Shirley, Southampton, on the corner of St James Rd and Church St.
- Parking available along the surrounding road. Call 07708882901 if you get lost or stuck.
- Please arrive on time, since the sessions are booked fairly close together.
Tips for preparing for your photo session:
- Come wearing what you’d love to be photographed in. Perhaps your favourite outfit, or something that is ‘just you’ or something you feel inspired to wear on the day and think you’ll enjoy looking back on. If you’re coming as a group, e.g. for family photos, give some thought to how your outfits will look together.
- Consider what kind of impression or feeling you’d like to create in your portrait and come with that in mind. If you have very particular poses, gestures or expressions you’d like in your photographs, while I’m happy to give guidance during the session, try to practise a bit beforehand for best results.
- Got some music that will help set the mood? Feel free to bring it along on your phone.
- If you have a clear idea of the style of image you’d like, or any preferences, let me know before the day (you can send example pics or Pintr boards too if it helps). That way I’ll have the best chance of creating images you’ll love.
My work as a photographer, capturing beautiful moments brings me great satisfaction. And I aim to provide a relaxed, enjoyable and memorable photo session experience – and excellent images – every time. To get an idea of the level of customer satisfaction I deliver, please browse my testimonials and view my 5 star rated reviews from customers on FB, Google Business, Yell and other respected review sites. I am also a full professional member of the Society of Wedding and Portrait Photographers.
To request a free photo session slot, please fill in this form with all the details you can.